What is it like to work for The Nottingham?
We strive to build a culture where you feel inspired to do the right thing for our members, your colleagues, our communities and for the sustainability of our Society.
Our ARROWS values are the behaviours that guide us to do the right thing. We're committed to rewarding team members who demonstrate our ARROWS values and go above and beyond in their roles.
What does ARROWS mean?
These values form the foundations of our Doing The Right Thing culture. You can find out more about our values in this infographic.
- Working together
- Support our communities
Doing The Right Thing
Our Doing The Right Thing culture defines the way we do things here. We encourage team members to always do the right thing for our Society members, for colleagues and for our communities. This also includes valuing diversity and inclusion and providing an environment where it is safe to speak up. We also seek and act on feedback from our teams on our culture, including through our annual survey, Your Voice Matters and through our employee forum.
Diversity and inclusion
In addition to our culture framework we have a number of key commitments, policies and actions to create a diverse and inclusive culture:
- We have a diversity and inclusion policy that demonstrates our commitment and documents the processes we will follow throughout the employee life cycle
- We have been signatory to the Women in Finance Charter since its inception in 2016
- We conduct an employee Your Voice Matters survey annually that includes questions on our culture and diversity
- There is an active employee Your Voice Matters forum that meets quarterly and the outputs are published on our employee intranet
- Our flexible working policy is accessible to all employees on our employee intranet and we offer our support to people managers and employees throughout this process if necessary
Your Health Matters
- We run a monthly Your Health Matters initiative which covers a variety of topics ranging from cancer awareness to pets and wellbeing. It gives an insight into each topic, offers support and guidance where appropriate and includes a monthly competition for all employees to be in with a chance of winning a prize. Prizes have included time off work, gift vouchers, or wellbeing activities
- Your Health Matters encourages employee engagement and we have received 167 employee entries between January and May 2019
- We receive positive feedback from employees regarding Your Health Matters editions and how they have been able to personally relate to the topics within them.
Here, some of our team share the moments that made them proud to be part of The Nottingham last year.
Ben, senior manager, NMS mortgages
“Being part of the team that’s deployed video across our branch network to provide ‘on-demand’ mortgage advice for customers was my highlight of last year.”
Laura, IT project manager
“It was fantastic to manage a project team and utilise new technology to deliver the launch of the specialist Lifetime ISA to our branches. This was a challenging opportunity that really showed true teamwork from colleagues across the Society and received great engagement from our technology suppliers.”
Hatty, assistant company secretary
“I was really excited by our new sponsorship of The Nottingham Panthers, and even more excited to meet some of the players, and Paws! It’s exciting to see The Nottingham supporting a great local team.”
Carrie-Anne, branch manager
“It was a great moment when we started providing members at our Chatteris branch with building society services. We’ve been able to help so many more customers reach their financial goals.”
Last updated on: