We're here to help you
Now that your payment deferral period is coming to an end we need to know how you intend to repay the payments you have missed or if your income is still affected by COVID-19, what further support you may need. The Government does advise that if you are able to re-start your payments, you should do. Please look at the options below and tell us, by submitting the relevant form, what you would like to do next.
If you are able to resume payments you must ensure that you have a payment method in place. If you previously cancelled your Direct Debit you will need to contact us to set it up again.
- Resume your monthly payments and add the missed payments on to your mortgage balance. Your monthly payment will be recalculated and may increase. See below for more information.
- Pay a lump sum - Resume your monthly payments and pay a lump sum. You can repay the missed payments as a lump sum and you monthly payments will remain the same.
- Pay an additional amount - Resume your monthly payments and pay an additional amount each month to spread repayment of the missed payments over a short period of time.
- Extend your mortgage term - Resume your monthly payments and extend your mortgage term by the length of your payment deferral i.e. 3 months or 6 months.
- Defer your payments further - Resume your monthly payments and extend your payment deferral to a maximum of 6 months. If you have already deferred your payments for 6 months we will not be able to defer your payments for any longer.
- Discuss other payment support options - If you are not able to to resume your monthly payments we can discuss what other support may be available. We may ask you to provide us with details of your income and expenditure so that we can assess what is the most suitable option for you.
Adding the missed payments onto your mortgage balance
If you wish to add the missed payments onto your mortgage balance and have a new monthly mortgage payment recalculated, please complete the form on this page. In doing so you will have confirmed the following information and that you act on behalf of all borrowers on the mortgage:
- That you have read and understood the information provided to you about the impact of adding the deferred payments to your mortgage balance and that you have been provided with approximate figures showing the effect on your monthly repayments and mortgage balance
- You agree to the deferred payments being repaid over the remaining term of your mortgage and your monthly payment being recalculated.
Last updated on:
YOUR HOME MAY BE REPOSSESSED IF YOU DO NOT KEEP UP REPAYMENTS ON A MORTGAGE OR ANY OTHER DEBT SECURED ON IT