Spruce home and garden for summer sale
Summer is the perfect time to show off your home and garden to its best potential – from creating light and airy rooms and decluttering to sprucing up your outdoor space.
First impressions count, and the approach to your home is on a par with the shop window display or your favourite store or the garage forecourt.
It is a widely held belief that the decision on whether or not to buy a property is made within the first few moments of viewing it – so give potential buyers a great reason to make it through the front door.
Now is the perfect time to get your home looking summer ready, and attract buyers who may be looking to move before or during the school holidays.
Our estate agents have some tips for people looking to secure a summer sale:
- Use kerb appeal to draw your potential buyers in with a welcoming approach to your property; with colourful planted containers, working doorbell and weed-free driveway or path etc.
- Create an impressive entrance to the property by removing coats and shoes from the hallway to increase the feeling of space.
- Ensure that windows are sparkling clean both inside and out. Draw curtains well back so that buyers can take in the views or your carefully tended garden/outdoor space.
- Show off every room to its full potential and original purpose. Although you may be using the dining room as a playroom, clear away toys and set the table to show how many people can be seated. Likewise, temporarily move any filing and home office equipment out of the spare room!
- Lighten up rooms that don’t benefit from natural light by adding table lamps and ensure light switches are wiped clean.
- Let the fresh air in – summer allows you to open windows without fear of making the house feel chilly.
- Keep your lawn in order. Cut the grass and remove any weeds. Some colourful potted plants on the patio or near the front door and some well-placed hanging baskets will add that splash of summer colour.
Head of estate agency Su Snaith said: “Now is a great time to make the most of the glorious summer days before the schools break up for the summer.
“Being able to get the house sale-ready will give those buyers looking to move before the new September term a head start. By acting early and staying ahead of the game - yours could be the first home they view.”