We’re delighted to be getting behind #SportsAidWeek
We would love you to join us in fundraising and there are lots of ways to get involved.
– Auction something! A training session with you or maybe a piece of memorabilia?
– Book sale - hold a book sale at your sports club
C – Cake sale - get busy in the kitchen and make some tasty flapjacks for cash
– Demo your sport and collect coppers in your local community
– Something energetic - get your friends and family involved in sponsoring you for something energetic!
– Fancy dress - ask your friends and family to join you in a sporty dress down for a day
– Guess the miles - ask your friends and family to guess how many miles you travel for a week or month and charge them to take part in a sweepstake
- House hold sale - sell off your unwanted items and donate the profit to SportsAid!
– It’s a knockout - ask your local boxing club if they can donate to the charity or offer a free sparring session for you to raffle off
– Long jump contest - challenge your sports club, friends and family to a competition which they pay to enter
– Knobbly knee contest - guess who’s are who’s in a knobbly knee gallery at your sports club... get the coaches involved too!
– Live like an athlete – ask your friends and family to ‘live like an athlete’ in return for sponsorship
– #MyMiles challenge – initiate a mileage challenge or collect a mile of pennies
– Name the teddy – the winner gets to take home a new furry friend!
- Office collection – pop into your local branch or ask your friends and family to have an office whip-around in their workplace
– Play offs evening – hold a tournament in your sport or even on a games console and charge for entry
– Quizzes - hold a sports quiz
– Hold a raffle – ask local businesses and supporters to donate prizes... don’t forget you can also raffle off a training session with you and your team or club!
– Strawberries and Cream – cash in on Wimbledon with a strawberry sale
- Time to shine – set up a shoe shine service (or trainer cleaning?)
– Unwanted gifts – ask your friends and family to donate and hold a table top sale or tombola
– Visit – organise a visit to your local club for a sports demo and charge for entry
– Walk it! Organise a sponsored walk, ghost walk or places of local interest walk to encourage your community to get fit and raise pennies
– ‘X’ marks the spot! Hold a ‘spot the ball’ competition
– Yo-Yo Olympics – ask your friends to get into training for the ultimate fun sport and hold a competition to show off those new tricks
– Zumbathon! Ask your local community centre to get in on the spirit of last year’s Rio Olympics and hold a zumbathon
Don’t forget to shout about it using your fundraising toolkit