We encourage team members to always do the right thing for our Society members, for colleagues and for our communities. This also includes valuing diversity and inclusion and providing an environment where it is safe to speak up. We also seek and act on feedback from our teams on our culture, including through our annual engagement survey, our colleague council and employee representation groups.
Diversity and inclusion
We are committed to an inclusive culture, where people feel they belong and are valued and our team members are representative of the communities we serve. We have a number of key commitments, policies and actions to create a diverse and inclusive culture:
- A diversity and inclusion policy that demonstrates our commitment and documents the processes we will follow throughout the employee life cycle.
- We have been signatory to the Women in Finance Charter since its inception in 2016.
- We conduct an employee survey annually that includes questions on our culture and diversity highlighting opportunities to evolve our diversity agenda.
- There is an active Colleague Council that meets quarterly and employee representation groups focused around different areas of diversity.
- Our hybrid and flexible working policy is accessible to all employees and we offer our support to people managers and employees who require flexible working.
Your salary and package
Your rewards and benefits matter to us as we want to attract, grow and engage talented team members with the right skills and work ethic for our society. We are absolutely committed to promoting equality and rewarding hard work and commitment.
Your salary and overall package is determined by market data and benchmarking and recognises the specific skills which you bring to the role. We review salaries annually to ensure they remain competitive in the marketplace. We also remain committed to working towards an employee base that is both diverse and gender balanced.
We support you with:
- Bonus and incentive scheme.
- Generous holiday entitlement.
- Life assurance.
- Flexible and hybrid-working options.
- Refer a friend scheme.
- Payroll giving scheme.
- Savings scheme.
- Holiday purchase scheme.
- Enhanced maternity leave and options for shared parental leave.
Your health and wellbeing
Your health and wellbeing is really important to us. We want to make sure that you feel happy, healthy and motivated in your role. Your overall wellbeing is made up of a number of different factors – social, physical, financial and emotional factors all contribute and we are committed to looking after you in a variety of ways. Our contributions include:
- Cashback on your healthcare.
- Discounted gym membership.
- Occupational health.
- Employee assistance programme - Work Life Solutions.
- Flu vaccinations.
- A team of experienced and trained mental heath first aiders.
Training and development
Developing your career prospects does not necessarily have to mean moving up the ladder or staying still. Career development is about owning and growing your potential, playing to your strengths, getting exposure to new skills and trying out new things if you decide they’re right for you.
There are many opportunities and routes you can take to help develop your career if you’d like to. From apprenticeships and professional development, our in house training academy, courses to top tips and guidance on having meaningful conversations about your career. Ultimately it’s your career, you're in the driving seat and we’re here to support you on your journey. Find out how we support you below.