The Nottingham, together with RSA, hope that you never have to make a claim. But we understand there may be a time when you need to, so here’s how you can do that.
- When an accident happens, you should take any reasonable immediate action you think is necessary to protect property and belongings from further damage, such as switching off the gas, electricity or water.
- Call the RSA claims helpline on 0345 072 7148. Only the policy holder or an authorised person on their behalf can report the claim. Please have your policy number handy when you call. RSA may ask you to provide with further information and/or they may wish to arrange a visit and inspection. For your protection, telephone calls may be recorded and monitored.
- Claims conditions require you to provide RSA with any reasonable assistance and evidence that may be required concerning the cause and value of any claim. Ideally, as part of the initial notification, RSA will need to know:
- your name, address, home and mobile telephone numbers
- personal details necessary to confirm your identity
- policy number
- the date of the incident
- the cause of the loss or damage
- details of the loss or damage together with claim value if known
- police details where applicable
- names and addresses of any other parties involved or responsible for the incident (including details of injuries) and addresses of any witnesses.
This information will enable RSA to make an initial evaluation on policy liability and claim value. They may, however, request additional information depending upon circumstances and value which may include the following:
- Original purchase receipts, invoices, instruction booklets or photographs, bank or credit card statements, utility bills, pre-purchase surveys, or plans or deeds of your property
- Purchase dates and location of lost or damaged property
- For damaged property, confirmation from a suitably qualified expert that the item you are claiming for is beyond repair
Last updated on: