Annual General Meeting 2021
As you will be aware, in order to slow the COVID-19 outbreak, the Government has retained a number of restrictions which continue to affect our ability to hold the AGM with members being able to attend. Therefore we again have to do the AGM differently this year in order to protect our members and employees.
We will hold an AGM on 20th April 2021 with the minimum number of qualifying members of staff present according to our Rules. As key workers, providing essential services, our employees are allowed to do this. We will, of course, do all that’s necessary to protect their health. We therefore ask that members again don’t attend this years' AGM in order to comply with the Government’s rules and not potentially put lives at risk.
We would still like our members to participate, which you can do in the following ways:
- Vote. All votes received by close of business on Saturday 10th April 2021 in any of our branches (or if voting by email or returning it to Civica Election Services by no later than 10am on Monday 19th April 2021) will be counted and recorded as normal. The number of votes received for all resolutions will be published as usual on our website.
- You can also email any questions to email@example.com by midnight Sunday 18th April 2021. Though we won’t be able to answer questions individually at the actual meeting, we will answer questions received during the AGM where possible, or as soon as possible after the AGM.
- We will provide a live stream of our AGM, details of how to access this will be made available on this page on Tuesday 20th April 2021.
The Nottingham is your building society. You helped build it and you need to contribute to its success.
That's why it's important to use your vote in our upcoming AGM. It means you can:
- Choose the best people to run your Society by voting for the directors
- Influence the Society's future plans
- Show your support for your local building society and the work we do in your community.
One of the resolutions being proposed at the AGM is to adopt the new Model Rules for building societies. Please click here to see the new model rules and a short paper explaining how we wish to adopt the Rules.
How to vote
You have three options if you would like to vote at the AGM:
- Go to this link. You will need the login and password details provided on your voting form or email
- Post your voting form using the envelope provided
- Pop your voting form into branch.
We would ask all members, that are able to do so, to cast their votes for the AGM online to ensure that their votes will be counted.
Go green! Get your next AGM pack by email
Last year we posted over 125,000 AGM packs. That's a huge amount of paper. Yes, we source it from sustainable forests but we'd much rather those trees weren't cut down. Yet there's an easy way to avoid all that and it only takes a few seconds of your time.
Check your AGM voting form or email - that will have all the information you need to go green by getting next year's pack by email!
Please continue to monitor our website for updates relating to the AGM in light of COVID-19, particularly any alternative arrangements we may need to make regarding the date of the AGM so we remain in line with the latest Government advice.
Last updated on: