Top tips when selling your home
As autumn approaches, don’t hibernate – now is a great time to go house hunting.
With the onset of autumn and the darker nights not too far away, don’t be tempted to go into hibernation when it comes to house hunting. The same applies if you are thinking about selling your home.
With children back at school and the focus for many on a new start for 2014 - now is the perfect time to be looking for a new home.
"Autumn is a great time to get out there and see what is available before everyone gets bogged down with thinking about Christmas," said The Nottingham’s estate agency’s operations manager Paul Offley.
"Our message to buyers and sellers is 'don’t hold back' – if moving is on your mind then take steps to make it happen!"
The Nottingham’s estate agency assists numerous customers through the selling and buying journey, with instant access to the latest mortgage deals and lender information helping to make it as smooth as possible.
Here are some tips that may help:
- Sell your property through a reputable agent, preferably one who is, like The Nottingham Estate Agency , a member of the Property Ombudsman scheme and the National Association of Estate Agents.
- Decide on a definite location – how far are you willing to commute, what are the local schools like, is there a GP surgery on your doorstep, is there a bus service into town?
- Always take a list of questions with you to ask at a viewing.
- Do your homework - take a drive around the area as well as checking out the local amenities.
- If you know it is right – move fast and put in an offer.
- Above all, liaise closely with your estate agent.